Red String Bracelets
One of the oldest Kabbalistic traditions, the wearing of a red string bracelet to ward off the evil eye has also become a fashion statement in recent years with the addition of decorative elements such as silver clasps, pendants, and other kabbalistic ornaments. Just look at our selection, and be amazed!
Contemporary Popularity of the Red String Kabbalah Bracelet
The simple red string wrapped once around the wrist and knotted seven times is a Jewish folkloric tradition as well as a practice associated with the Kabbalah. In recent years a number of celebrities tied on a red string, including Reese Witherspoon, David Beckham and Anthony Kiedis. Although the red string first appears in the Bible, in the story of Tamar's twins, Pharez and Zarah, it is now worn as a segulah, or charm, meant to ward off the evil eye.
Rachel and the Red String
According to tradition, the red bracelet derives its power from Rachel's tomb, which lies just outside the ancient city of Bethlehem. Sister of Leah and wife of Jacob, Rachel is one of the four matriarchs of Judaism. Originally, a bobbin of red thread was taken to Rachel's tomb and wrapped around it seven times. Then small lengths of that thread were worn on the left wrist, not simply to ward off the evil eye but to remind the wearer that he or she can be more mindful of his or her own behavior and intentions. Keeping your own thoughts pure is the best way to protect yourself from the evil eye. In this way the red string is not so much a charmed object for the superstitious but an ever-present reminder of Rachel's example.
To weave a tighter association between Rachel and the read string, we can say that wearing the string keeps one mindful of Rachel's virtues. Rachel's patience, modesty and her willingness to sacrifice in order to fulfill G-d's word should be an inspiration to us. The red string is a symbol of Rachel's deeds and continually reminds us to temper our desire with modesty and patience but also to apply ingenuity and perseverance, as well.
Available for Young and Old, Men and Women, Gold and Silver
We carry a great variety of red string bracelets that celebrate this custom. You can choose between a red bracelet with gold charms or one with silver charms. There are hamsa charms to ward off the evil eye, and then there are charms bearing different Kabbalistic names of G-d, each of which is meant to bring a particular type of aid or protection. Take a minute to browse our selection where you can find styles suited to both younger and older tastes. There is even a unisex option, a handsome clasp bracelet of sterling silver and red leather with 14K gold Aleph â€“ Lamed â€“ Dalet printed in relief on the plate.
Different Styles for Different Tastes
A number of our red string bracelets employ a regal red braided rope cord with gold-plated or sterling silver clasps and gold-plated or sterling silver Kabbalistic charms. The different names of G-d are meant to bring health, wealth, love or protection, depending on which one you choose. There are also a number of bracelets with red cord instead of braided rope, including one where you can select the length as well as the Hebrew initial.
A funky, bold design features multiple straps of red cord with a number of silver charms bearing different Kabbalistic names for G-d, as well as a Swarovski diamond-encrusted hamsa. A similar concept eschews the cord for multiple straps of red leather. This bohemian-chic bracelet boasts multiple charms, including a silver-plated hamsa, a Star of David, fish, and several hearts.
For a more refined look, check out the Red Stone Kabbalah Bracelet. It is strung with round red beads and a charm that reads Aleph - Lamed - Dalet. To either side of the charm are two beads encrusted with red Swarowski diamonds.
- Ana Bekoach: Silver and Red Leather Kabbalah Bracelet - Star of David£96.39 Special Price £58.29
- Traveler's Prayer: Leather, Gold and Silver Unisex Bracelet (Variety of Colors)£121.50 Special Price £78.49
- Ani Ledodi: Leather, Gold and Silver Unisex Bracelet (Variety of Colors)£121.50 Special Price £78.49
- Healing: Sterling Silver & String Kabbalah Bracelet (Red or Black)£64.80 Special Price £41.30
- Shema Yisrael: Leather, Gold and Silver Unisex Bracelet with Star of David and Hamsa (Variety of Colors)£161.19 Special Price £109.47
- Red Cord Bracelet with Sterling Silver Jewish Charms£40.50 £26.72
- Porat Yosef: Leather, Gold and Silver Unisex Bracelet (Variety of Colors)£121.50 Special Price £78.49
- Red Silk Gold Plated Charm Bracelet - Peace£40.50 £28.34
- Red Silk Silver Palted Charm Bracelet - Peace£40.50 £28.34
- String Hamsa Bracelet by Or Jewelry. Variety of Colors£32.40 £22.67
- String Kabbalah Bracelet - Evil Eye. Variety of Colors£36.45 £26.72
- Evil Eye: Sterling Silver & String Kabbalah Bracelet (Red or Black)£64.80 Special Price £41.30
- Wealth: Sterling Silver & String Kabbalah Bracelet (Red or Black)£64.80 Special Price £41.30
- Red String Hamsa Bracelet£30.38 £20.24