The Chai is one of the most recognizable and traditional of Jewish jewelry styles. It is a Hebrew word that means "life" or "alive" and its symbolism has made it a cornerstone among Jewish decorative motifs. Judaica Webstore has a tremendous selection of Chai jewelry in traditional and contemporary styles rendered in sterling silver, gold, and other materials.Choose from beautiful necklaces or pendants to wear around your neck, or a lovely bracelet to wear on your arm.
Choosing Chai Jewelry
Most non-Jews know the phrase "L'chaim", but not many know precisely what the term means. It is a Hebrew phrase that means "to life", and it is frequently confused with the word "chai" by non-Hebrew speakers. While both words relate to life, "L'chaim" means "to life" but "chai" means "alive".
Chai forms the basis of common names given to many Jewish children: Chaim for boys and Chaya for girls.
Chai is immediately recognized in its written form, but many think of it more as a symbol rather than a specific word. This could be in part due to the numerological associations that many attach to it. The word is formed by combining the letters "chet"' and "yod" and actually creates a very fluid symbol. This is why it so frequently appears on jewelry. While you will often see it appearing on its own as a pendant dangling from a chain, it is also a figure that is used as a base for Hebrew text or as a symbol with another sort of charm.
For instance, you might see the famous Hamsa, which is a hand symbol that is used to ward off the evil eye, with the Chai in the palm area of the hand itself. You will also see filigree designs that form the word Chai, and which are often made of silver or gold. Chai is also frequently placed inside of a heart, atop small disks or figures made of gold or silver, or even shaped entirely of diamonds or other gemstones.
It is found in both the biblical or ancient Hebrew lettering as well as in the more modern Hebrew scripts too. This makes it an easily recognizable and yet very flexible sort of jewelry to choose. Whether given as a gift or selected as one of your preferred pieces, Chai jewelry from the Judaica Webstore is very unique and stylish.
Items 1-36 of 173
- 14K Gold Chai Pendant£266.49 £177.39
- 14K Gold Filigree Hamsa Pendant with Chai£809.19 £566.19
- 14K Gold Chai Style Pendant£324.00 £231.66
- Sterling Silver Eilat Stone Chai Necklace£120.69 £80.19
- 14K Gold Script Chai Necklace£217.89 £144.99
- 14K Gold Chai Pendant with Western Wall Motif£647.19 Special Price £400.22
- 14K Gold Star of David with Chai Pendant£348.30 £251.10
- Wavy 14K Gold and Roman Glass Chai Pendant£363.69 £242.19
- 14K Gold and Roman Glass Chai Pendant£809.19 £509.49
- 14K Gold Chai Pendant with White Gold Jerusalem Script£364.50 £306.18
- 14K Gold Brushed Chai Pendant£729.00 £501.39
- 14K Gold Script Chai Pendant£567.00 £379.89
- Red String Chai Bracelet£40.49 £32.39
- Rafael Jewelry Chai Eilat Stone and 14K Gold Necklace£485.19 Special Price £290.87
- 14K Gold Double Chai Pendant£485.19 £315.09
- 14K Yellow Gold Chai and Star of David Charm Bracelet£971.19 £647.19
- Rafael Jewelry 14K Yellow Gold Filigree Chai Pendant£396.09 £258.39
- 14K Gold Chai Pendant on Western Wall Background£809.19 £541.89
- 14K Gold Chai Pendant with Etched Finish£428.49 £282.69
- 14K Gold Modern Design Chai Pendant£420.39 £282.69
- 925 Sterling Silver Bold Chai Necklace£42.52 £28.34
- Marina Jewelry Hammered Chai Sterling Silver Necklace£48.59 £32.39
- 14K Gold Chai Style Pendant-Small£194.40 £161.19
- 14K Gold Chai Pendant with Glossy Edges£1,862.19 £1,206.09
- Chai: Solid Sculpted Sterling Silver Pendant£32.39 £20.24
- 18K Gold Sea of Diamonds Chai Pendant£1,701.00 £1,425.60
- 14K Gold Chai Style Pendant with Western Wall Motif£364.50 £294.84
- Deluxe 18K Gold and Diamonds Chai Pendant£809.19 £711.99
- 14K Gold and Roman Glass Filigree Chai Pendant£809.19 £549.99
- 14K Yellow and White Gold with Diamond Chai Pendant£607.50 £400.14
- 14K Gold Western Wall Chai Pendant£210.60 £160.38
- 14K Gold Star of David with Chai Pendant£486.00 £291.60