Roman Glass Jewelry
Formed over centuries in a complex chemical process, beautiful Roman Glass jewelry is almost completely unique to Israel. This rare material is set into gold and silver settings and featured in a spectacular range of pendants, earrings and rings. Roman Glass is delicate and iridescent, and makes a spectacular, shimmering centerpiece to any piece of jewelry. Browse our unrivaled selection of Roman Glass jewelry and find amazing, unique gifts from Israel!
Back when Israel was subject to Roman rule, glass – so common today – was a luxury item reserved for the wealthiest in an elite society. The ultimate status symbol, it showed you could afford something expensive to produce and difficult to maintain.
With the fall of the empire, much of the glass in Israel was left behind and fell into disrepair. Over time, the forgotten glass became buried beneath thick layers of mineral-rich earth, where it lay for hundreds of years.
Almost 2000 years later, excavation work began across the modern State of Israel to uncover and learn about the rich past of the Jews’ ancestral homeland. Pieces of delicately colored glass were discovered, and their unusual sparkle prompted new research into their rare coloring.
Scientists eventually concluded that the unique combination of minerals present in Israel’s fertile soil, combined with its temperate Mediterranean climate and relatively low rainfall created the perfect conditions for Roman Glass to form. Over centuries, minerals from the soil surrounding the glass absorbed into the fragile shards, developing a stunning, multicolored patina.
Roman Glass ranges in color from iridescent hues of blues and greens to shimmering purples and yellows and sparkling flecks of pink and orange. No two fragments of this ancient material are completely alike, so your gorgeous piece of Roman Glass jewelry is completely unique to you!
Items 1-36 of 287
- Silver and Roman Glass Circle Necklace with Decorative Border£434.50 £295.46
- Oval Roman Glass and Sterling Silver Necklace£157.21 £101.91
- Oval Roman Glass and Sterling Silver Bracelet£117.71 £78.21
- Split Roman Glass and Silver Pomegranate Necklace£94.01 £71.09
- Roman Glass and Silver Long Earrings£94.80 £63.19
- Roman Glass and Silver Circle Ring£110.60 £71.06
- Sterling Silver Round Drop Roman Glass Earrings£101.91 £67.14
- Sterling Silver Round Roman Glass Necklace£157.21 £90.06
- Deluxe Roman Glass and Sterling Silver Necklace - Leaves£347.60 £283.61
- Silver and Roman Glass Circle Necklace - Beloved£118.50 £94.01
- Roman Glass and Silver Circle Necklace - Old Jerusalem£117.71 £94.01
- 14K Gold and Roman Glass Rounded Star of David Pendant£331.01 £220.41
- Star of David: 14K Gold and Roman Glass Pendant£394.21 £259.91
- 14K Gold Filigree Hamsa Pendant with Roman Glass Oval£552.21 £370.51
- Wavy 14K Gold and Roman Glass Chai Pendant£354.71 £236.21
- 14K Gold and Roman Glass Chai Pendant£789.21 £496.91
- Elegant 14K Gold and Roman Glass Oval Hamsa Pendant£670.71 £449.51
- Roman Glass and Silver Textured Circle Stud Earrings£196.71 £133.51
- Roman Glass and Silver Deluxe Star of David Pendant£236.21 £157.21
- Roman Glass and Silver Emerging Star of David Pendant£118.50 £78.21
- Roman Glass and Silver Fountain Hamsa Pendant£125.61 £94.01
- Deluxe Roman Glass and Silver Circle Bracelet£474.00 £331.01
- 14K Gold and Roman Glass Chai Earrings£631.21 £417.91
- 14K Gold and Roman Glass Star of David Earrings£631.21 £417.91
- 14K Gold and Roman Glass Enchantment Earrings£592.50 £354.71
- Sterling Silver Bracelet with Roman Glass and White Pearls£220.41 £145.36
- Sterling Silver Double Circle Roman Glass Necklace£94.01 £63.19
- Sterling Silver and 9K Gold Roman Glass Ring£275.71 £173.01
- Sterling Silver and Roman Glass Round Ring£236.21 £165.11
- Sterling Silver and Roman Glass Ring with Silver Pearls£196.71 £133.51
- 14K Gold and Roman Glass Swirling Pendant£769.46 £512.71
- Rafael Jewelry Sterling Silver Pomegranates Roman Glass Necklace£331.01 £220.41